9990 Jasper Avenue Edmonton, AB T5J 1P7
Phone: (780) 426-4620
Tickets: $40.00 registration fee. (Maximum of 100 registrants)
($1.99 e-ticket fee)
Brought to you by Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, Edmonton Journal, Yelp Edmonton, Global Edmonton, MacEwan University and Calder Bateman.
MediaCamp Edmonton is a one-day conference aimed at getting journalists and other storytellers together with technology developers to learn new skills, understand more about each other’s worlds, and find ways to work together.
Hands-on learning sessions:
- What is data? How do you use it? — Mack Male
- Visualizing data — Tanya Camp and Lucas Timmons
- Curating the story — Karen Unland and Tamara Stecyk
- Intro to code — Owen Brierley
- Self-branding and crowdsourcing — Jay Palter and Brittney Le Blanc
- How do I get an app for that? — Aaron Clifford and John Connolly
- How do developers get their story out? — Todd Babiak
- SEO and analytics — Dana DiTomaso
February 4, 2012, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the World Trade Centre Edmonton on the sixth floor in conference rooms A and B. Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
Lunch is included and wi-fi will be available. You are invited to bring your laptop for the hands-on sessions.